The Shepherds Hide is a luxurious shepherds hut for two people, nestled in the trees by the mill pond. It has a very unique and secluded location on our family farm that is an Area of Outstanding Natural Beauty. Not far from all the services you may need but you still feel a million miles from anywhere. Watch the ducks and birdlife and walk this part of the Essex coast all from the Hide. Reconnect with nature and yourselves at this special place.
The Shepherds Hide is perfect for short breaks, romantic getaways, a rural retreat or for longer self-catering holidays in the countryside with excellent bird watching and walking on site and a range of tourist attractions nearby.
Our shepherds hut for two adults is located on our family farm where a warm welcome awaits you. Hidden away in a wooded area adjacent to the mill pond in an Area of Outstanding Natural Beauty. Surround yourself in nature, forget the outside world and relax and enjoy this hidden gem. We can offer you a really unique setting and the best glamping experience.
Our farm, known as Mill Farm, is about 55 acres of a mixture of arable, grassland, salt marsh, tidal creeks, inland waters and is the home of the only fully restored tide mill in Essex. Here you will find so much wildlife and birdlife to watch and listen to as you relax at the Hide. You’ll feel more like you have come to a nature reserve than a farm and it’s yours to enjoy in private.
All linens are included. You will be welcomed with a breakfast basket full of local and seasonal goodies.
Inside the Shepherds Hut you have everything you need and more to feel home from home:
- King size bed
- Log burner
- Ensuite bathroom with shower
- Fitted country kitchen
- All kitchen utensils, including appliances – toaster, kettle
- Oven with hob
- tea, coffee, sugar, milk, butter and a local breakfast basket
- Shampoo, conditioner and bodywash
Things to Do in the Area
- In the Summer months you can Pick Your Own strawberries on the farm
- Walk from the Shepherds Hide to Wivenhoe and enjoy a tasty lunch at The Black Buoy Public House.
- Visit the Dedham Vale
- Enjoy the stunning beaches of Frinton-on-Sea
- Try out some water sports on Mersea Island
- Grab some fish and chips and walk along the quaint beach hut front in Brightlingsea
- Try out shooting and fishing at Parkford shooting centre in ST Oysth
At A Glance
Sleeps Max: 2
Beds: Kingsize bed
Facilities & Features:
*BBQ / Fire pit *Linen Supplied *Open Fire / Woodburner *Parking (Allocated/On site) *Private Bathroom *Close to beach
Contact & Pricing
Tel: 01206 302964
Address: The Granary, Brightlingsea Road, Thorrington, Colchester, Essex, CO7 8JJ
Website: Click Here
Prices (Nightly): £100 per night Friday to Sunday low season (1st October to 31st March)
£95 per night week nights low season
£120 per night Friday to Sunday (high season 1st April to 30th September)
£100 per night week nights high season
2 night minimum stay all year
3 night minimum stay on bank holiday weekends